The AT&T Developer Program invites you to join our AT&T Next Generation TV Hackathon!
Imagine and create experiences by coding solutions that highlight the benefits of having an Android TV powered device in their home.
Do you want to change the way that people think and interact with their TV? If you have an existing Android mobile app or an app idea that can highlight how AT&T TV will disrupt the way we interact with, experience, and consume content, then join us! AT&T’s Next Generation TV will open the door to new experiences that will change how we live, shop, and play. Developers will be challenged to build and refine their solutions to take advantage of the connected nature of the Android TV device with accelerator prizes for the best entertainment, shopping, social, second screen, VR, gaming, and/or IOT solutions. Utilizing a connected device like AT&T’s Next Generation TV hardware, built on Android TV, will change the way we interact with media and devices in a connected home.
Entrants may have the opportunity to be a featured app on AT&T TV.
CATEGORIES OF FOCUS
Here are some of the categories we’re looking at from submissions:
- 360 VR/Gaming
- Voice Integration/Connected IoT
- Second Screen
$42,500 in prizes
1st Place Best Overall
The winner of this prize will receive $20,000 in cash split evenly between members of their team or awarded to their organization as a whole.
2nd Place Best Overall
The winner of this prize will receive $10,000 in cash split evenly between members of their team or awarded to their organization as a whole.
3rd Place Best Overall
The winner of this prize will receive $5,000 in cash split evenly between members of their team or awarded to their organization as a whole.
Honorable Mention for Best Overall (5) (5)
The winner of this prize will receive $1,500 in cash split evenly between members of their team or awarded to their organization as a whole.
- Legal U.S. or Canadian residents (excluding Quebec) who are at least 18 years of age (19+ in Alabama and Nebraska; 21+ in Mississippi) or at least the age of majority in his or her province of residence
- Individual entrants or Teams of eligible individuals (“Teams”)
- Organizations (including corporations, not-for-profit corporations and other nonprofit organizations, limited liability companies, partnerships, and other legal entities) that exist and have been organized or incorporated in the U.S. or Canada (excluding Quebec) at the time of entry and employ no more than 50 people (“Small Organizations”).
- Employees of AT&T or its affiliates are not eligible to participate.
- All entrants (individuals, Teams, and Small Organizations) must read and agree to the Official Rules
- Teams must create an Android TV application or port an existing Android mobile or Fire TV application to Android TV, focused on addressing one of the categories above.
- Submission must have been created by and be solely the work of the person, team or organization that submits the project.
- Provide an accessible link to your code repository.
- Include a brief/documentation of how to use your solution, and a pitch deck or a max 5-minute demo video.
- All above items need to be packaged and submitted on https://attnextgentv.devpost.com/ on or before 10/27/2019.
Ability to clearly articulate what your app does
Provide a succinct and clear description of what your app does and how to use it in both your written description and in your video demo.
Originality of your idea
How original and helpful is the solution you created? How does it differ from what is already in the marketplace or help a customer using Android TV?
Difficulty of technical implementation
How technically difficult is the solution that you created? What technologies were used to create your entry?
Design and polish of the app
How interesting and polished is the design of the user interface? How intuitive and well thought out is the user experience?
Appropriateness to the theme
How well does the submission comply to the entertainment theme? Does it fit well into one of the categories of focus?